Smartspine Extension Brace
Straightening the thoracic spine
If you suffer from injuries concerning the thoracic spine the brace supports active straightening of the thoracic spine relieving it by thoracic postural extension alignment. Activating the muscular stabilization it promotes the sensorimotor function and also acts as pain reliever.
The pull cord is adjustable and ideal for an optimum anterior placement and individual adjustment.
The shoulder straps are soft and padded and provide high wearing comfort.
The one-hand pulley system not only compresses, but conforms to individual patient’s anatomy.
The posterior shell is enveloped into zippered plush spacer materials that make the brace very comfortable.
Benefits at a glance
The pulley system maximizes abdominal compression with minimal pull force. It compresses and conforms to the individual patient’s anatomy. Besides, the system facilitates one-handed use. The pull cord is adjustable making the brace quite comfortable and individually adaptable.
Easy to don
The back pack design provides extension support extending from the upper thoracic spine to the sacrococcygeal junction. Besides, the brace may be donned like a backpack making it easy to apply.
- Mechanical thoracic spine pain
- Mechanical thoracic kyphosis (hunchback) (no fused vertebrae)
- Scheuermann's disease
- Compression fractures of the thoracic spine (with no neurological deficits)
- Degeneration of the thoracic spine
- Facet joint syndrome of the thoracic spine
- Osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine
- Osteoporotic fractures of the thoracic and/or lumbar spine